Wednesday, September 26

Trempeleau, continued

There are not enough words I can use to describe this little river town. Rob and I discovered it several years ago and would love to own a little vacation cottage there some day. It's not for everyone, we understand that. There's no glitzy lights, no late night "facilities", no grocery store, one small gas station, you get the point...for these reasons, we love it!

This is the Trempeleau Hotel . It's nothing fancy. Seriously, 8 tiny rooms share a bathroom down the hall. But their food is unbelievable. They also have 1919 root beer on tap, which is great to sip on a sunny day on their back porch, overlooking the mighty Mississippi.




One of the MANY trains that zipped on by... day and night.





I was able to catch Sarah in a quiet moment.

I
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE the hotel pic!

Tina said...

I love the pic of Sarah! She looks so deep in thought.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

How cool! I've actually been there before- it's on the river between Winona and LaCrosse :D