Sunday, May 20

Still with me?

Thanks for not ditching me after I missed 3 days of blogging. I have been a bit under the weather and haven't taken any pictures or felt like doing much of anything, really. I am on the mend. ; )
****
I love my purple salvia. It's really gone nuts growing so far this year!
(I just noticed that bright, pesky Spirea on the bottom of the picture...grr, you'll forgive me, right?)



I've potted a few herbs this season (chives, basil and Italian parsley). So far, the basil is looking GREAT! I was so excited to use some today on my Wasa Crispbread, cheese and turkey sandwich (Bob Green's recipe). It tasted great (and smells great, too). I may be on an herb-growing kick here. We'll see how the season goes, though. During the hot, long summer days I tend to forget about my poor plants and flowers and they're dead by the end of June.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dori said...

I've got some of that Salvia growing in front of my house! I always forget what its called, so thanks. It does grow like crazy. I think ours needed to be thinned out about 4 years ago when we moved in, but that's not the kind of thing I do, so wild it grows.

Anonymous said...

you go girl with the herbs. Remember to bring them inside for the winter...you can have them all years round. (Oh, I forgot..well big sis will provide the green thumb advise you will need). GOOD LUCK..They are great to have all year round.
Love you
Miss